OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
- Lightspeed will respect your privacy at all times and the confidentiality of your answers will be maintained as described in this Policy.
- Market research carried out by Lightspeed is designed to gain a more detailed understanding of consumers needs, not a guise to sell you anything or ask for money.
- Lightspeed will respect your decision regarding participation in surveys, answering specific questions or termination of your membership of the panel.
- Lightspeed will maintain high standards of professional conduct in the collection and reporting of the information you provide.
- By applying to become a member of the panel, you consent to Lightspeed holding, storing, processing and using the information you submit for market research purposes.
- Subject to clause 2.3 and 3.1 below, Lightspeed will only pass information you have provided to third parties in an aggregate, anonymous form, which will not contain any information which personally identifies you.
- You acknowledge and accept that Lightspeed may pass your personal data to its partner Perks and any other company which administers the MySurvey Rewards systems and programs. For the avoidance of doubt, such information may include your name and address and all other information necessary to enable Perks or any other third party to properly administer the MySurvey Rewards systems and programs.
- We maintain physical, technical, administrative, electronic and procedural safeguards that are designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized collection, access, storage, modification or disclosure.
- From time to time, we may share some of your personal and profiling data with third-party partners to provide limited services on our behalf such as producing research products and services as defined below:
– Data matching services: we utilize matching services such as Acxiom or Experian to get additional information about you from public and private data sources. The matching service (our partner) holds the personal data we share for a short time, uses it assemble the additional information, and then returns the combined information to us. Partners are not permitted to keep the data we share or use it in any way than for the mentioned purpose
– Service providers: we use service providers to help us process the data that you provide or is collected from you. From time to time, we may add or remove service providers in the normal course of business. Service providers are not permitted to retain the shared data for their own or independent use and they may not retain the shared data for any longer than required to perform the mentioned service;
– Affiliated network: we are part of the Kantar Group and we may share personal data with Kantar affiliates in order to produce our products and services. Affiliates are not permitted to retain the shared data for their own or independent use and they may not retain the shared data for any longer than required to complete the project or process.
- Lightspeed recognizes the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information collected from children. Lightspeed considers a child to be anyone under the age of 16. Where children are invited to participate in surveys, Lightspeed will not request any personal information about the child other than that provided by the parent/guardian or by the child’s survey responses. Lightspeed will obtain consent from parents for the collection of personal information from children and provide parents with information practices with regard to the children including the types of personal information it may collect from the children, the uses to which it may put that information and whether and with whom they may share such information. A parent/ guardian may review, request the change or deletion of or prohibit the future collection of their child’s personal information at any time. This can be done by emailing email@example.com or writing to Lightspeed, 4 Millbank , Westminster, London , SW1P 3JA , United Kingdom.
- Lightspeed encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the internet. While the child is completing the survey, it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to supervise them.
- Lightspeed will not knowingly contact a child directly to participate in any survey or promotion.
DATA SECURITY & STORAGE
- To ensure that your information remains private, Lightspeed uses a firewall security system. This means that only authenticated users can input information into the database and only Lightspeed market researchers and database managers can read it. However, no transmission via the internet is 100% secure, and you assume this risk by using the MySurvey site.
- Lightspeed operates globally and may transfer or store your personal information in locations around the world, including in the Cloud Whenever your personal information is stored, transferred, or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. When using or disclosing personal information transferred from the EU, we abide by the EU – US Safe Harbor principles, and will obtain commitments to maintain a level of protection for your personal data that is equivalent to the protection offered under European law.
– Required to use the MySurvey site
– Security specific
– Behavioural or advertising research cookiesFor more information, please log in and access your profile page.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- If you no longer wish to be a member of the MySurvey panel, you may request that your personal information be removed from our list of active members in the manner specified in the Membership Terms and Conditions or on the Website
- Failure to follow the correct procedure for termination could delay the removal of your information.
- Lightspeed will process all requests to terminate membership promptly. However there will be a one month gap between your request and the termination of your membership, meaning that you may receive further emails for a limited period after making your request.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
- This policy was last updated on 01/07/2013.
- If you have any questions or concerns relating to privacy, you can contact Lightspeed and MySurvey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Lightspeed, Chief Privacy Officer, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon SW19 8YB United Kingdom.